Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Dawn, Another Chance

I just love sunrises and sunsets. I used to say that sunset was my absolute favorite time of day. Situated where we are now, I see many more sunrises than sunsets, and I am equally in awe of them, but the mood set by dusk strikes a melancholy chord; whereas, dawn is hopeful. There is the hope that with the new day, perhaps I can get it right this time.

This painting, Another Dawn, Another Chance reminds me that we serve a loving God who gives us chance, after chance to show love instead of indifference, impatience, selfishness, shyness, busyness, anxiety, and a bunch of other not-so-pleasing qualities we use to not be bothered with our neighbors on the planet.

This beautiful watercolor painting resides on a piece of 11 x 19 inch Arches 140 lb. Cold Press Watercolor paper. The sunrise which occurred sometime this week, was embedded in my memory to paint for this Painting A Day today. It will be available on Etsy, in my shop there: http://dreamon.etsy.com/ .

No comments:

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.