Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Painting Of The Day - Yellow Margarita


I seem to be continually falling behind on the Painting A Day plan. I had an artist friend over yesterday, and we talked and painted and talked for close to 7 hours with a little dinner in the middle, and this little painting is my complete effort for the day yesterday. Today I painted with the group at Studio 1212 and only came up with a start for a larger half-sheet painting. Tomorrow I sit in the Artists Guild Gallery on Anna Maria Island. Sometimes when there aren't many customers I can complete a painting. It hasn't been really busy when I've been there the last two Thursdays, but just as soon as I plan on it, we will be busy. So goes the Painting A Day plan.

Anyway I hope you like this little painting, Yellow Margarita. I went out and picked the daily bloom from my ailing hibiscus plant (that I talked about a few days ago on the blog) and put it into a margarita glass, and I liked the complementary (or close to complementary) color scheme of the display. So while Nancy and I talked and painted, this is what was developing on my side of the table while she was doing some watercolor sketches on her side. This watercolor painting is 7.75 x 7.5 on Arches 140 lb. Cold Press Watercolor Paper. Look closely, and you can read the Arches trademark in the lower right-hand corner of my photo. My DH's camera takes such amazing pictures that you can almost see the tooth of the paper. Please check my Etsy Shop, DreamON for more info about the painting (and others) by clicking here.

No comments:

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.