Friday, February 8, 2008

DAMdesigns

DAMdesigns gets its name from the actual initials of its owner, Danelle.

This is Danelle's newest creation with her art work. She says, "It is a journal hand cut and put together by me, and each one features a cover of my art. Inside the back cover is a small stamp of my shop name and website. The journal measures 3.5" x 5" (8.9 cm x 12.7) and contains between 56 and 60 blank white pages (I lost count when I made the first batches). Since they are blank you could sketch or write in it. Please don't throw around the journal as it is made sturdy enough for only normal wear and is set up where you can peel out the pages if you want. Attached is a decorative ribbon to be used as a bookmark. All the papers inside the journal are also hand cut by me from larger blank paper so they will not be all perfectly even but have a roughness to the edge which ads to the appeal."

Danelle says that she has always been creative since she was little and loved doing things arts and crafty. She relates that her 5th grade teacher was the one who really got her into art "because he incorporated art into everything, and we were always creating. I remember there was this one boy who was super good at drawing and we had contests in our class where 6th graders would come and pick their favs and someone would win first second and thirsd, the whole year he was always first and I was always second except this one time when I finally beat him and I was so proud."

This is an original painting by Danelle, who also draws and uses pencil , paint, ink, marker and sometimes a combination of media to create her unique designs. Keep checking her Etsy site and blog to keep up with what she's doing.



No comments:

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.