Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pears and Squares Revisited


This was my day to paint with my artist girlfriends at Studio 1212. It's one of those times when you don't remember what was talked about, but you do remember the giggles, smiles and raucous laughter. Yesterday we had our last business meeting and lunch at the beautiful home of one of our members and were treated to a relaxing and gorgeous view of the Gulf of Mexico complete with signs for the boating channel leading straight out to daydreams at sea.

Today I reworked Pears and Squares. It took a lot more effort than I had previously thought it would, because it just didn't look right to me. It might be fun to compare the first one that I posted a couple of days ago with this one. Anyway this is the result of the revision. I now have it up in my Etsy shop where you can find purchase information about it. Click here.

Tonight's American Idol results could be interesting. The cut will narrow the number down to the Top 3. Jason seems to have dropped out already, or that's the way it appears to me. He's such a dreamy-looking guy that he might just have a bucket-load of teeny-bopper fans to keep him alive, but from the last few weeks' performances, I just get the feeling that in his mind, he's already gone. That said, the battle of the Davids (David Cook and David Archuleta) who both are outstanding, has been made much more interesting by the rapid and profound development of Syesha Mercado and her obvious Broadway-bound vocal stylings. How's that for a totally uninformed commentary?

No comments:

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.