Friday, June 27, 2008

Afternoon Delight Rescuing An Old Painting



Fixing up old paintings is always fun. I can look at them periodically when I am looking for something and never see anything I want to do to change a painting. Then suddenly the inspiration hits me, and I have to "fix it."

I originally created this collage five years ago (dated on the back) and found it again this afternoon. It is a mixture of watercolor, acrylic and things I found in magazines.

It was just way, way too dark over all, so I covered the dark top parts with white gesso and let that dry, then mixed up some pale Hansa yellow acrylic up and proceeded to let the sunshine in. That is the effect I feel now when looking at the painting. It is joyful now, where before it was just kind of dark, but I didn't see it until today.

For additional information or purchase info, click here.

No comments:

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.