Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cabbage Palm


This is just such a cool technique. I just love it. First crumple up a piece of tissue paper. Apply it to a sheet of watercolor paper using a mixture of acrylic paint and sand. Then use a brayer to seal the tissue down to the watercolor paper. Next apply acrylic paints to the "paper" in a subtle variety of colors to make the "paper" look like it has been woven. When that is dry, then you are ready to apply your design to the base. In this case, I drew a Cabbage Palm onto the base and painted it. A couple of more steps and finally ending with rollering on a thinned-down purple acrylic. Sooo cool!

Cabbage Palm has been added to my Etsy shop. For more information, click here .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful--and thanks for sharing a bit of the technique, I think it's fascinating!

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.