Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fairy-Kissed Fashion Slipper

This is my Fairy-Kissed Fashion Slipper. I must say it's still in need of some kissing. So tomorrow I'll be working on it some more.

I started with a 5 x 7 x 2 inch canvas which I painted with a red/brown mixture and textured. I had found a shoe that inspired me to paint it, and I thought pink with the brown would be an exciting combination.

Something in the texturing reminded me of fairy wings, and I was inspired to put the little fairy in at the left.

So at this point, I will have to look at the painting and see if the background is too busy, and put some final touches on the shoe and the little fairy.

I have sent this painting up to Flourish Boutique in South Bend, Indiana. Flourish opens early in June, 2008. Look for My Fairy-Kissed Fashion Slipper there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this peice. The texture in the wedge is lovely!

DreamON said...

Thank you. And thanks for checking out my blog!

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.