Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Katrin Lerman Jewelry

Katrin Lerman is originally from Germany but has lived in Massachusetts now for about 10 years. She graduated from the New England School of Art and Design at Suffolk University in Boston with a Degree of Fine Arts in Interior Design.

She describes her creative process in making jewelry as, "Naturally, I have lots more time thinking than creating and so my sketch book is filling up with ideas for years to come. I can’t wait to get working on all those ideas and designs!!!" It has been said that you should plan like a turtle and paint like a rabbit (Edgar Whitney), and I can well imagine that in jewelry design, the planning process is paramount also.


Fanciful --- Necklace with Silver and faceted Citrines (shown below)




Green Fortune --- Earrings with Silver, Peridot Roundels, and Faceted Lemon Smoky Quartz Heart Briolettes (at right)

The following describes how Katrin makes her jewelry; "All of my pieces are entirely hand made by me using sterling silver wire and high quality genuine gemstones. First, I create the desired shape/shell for a piece out of thick sterling silver wire. Then I string on the gemstones and wrap the entire piece with feet upon feet of thin sterling silver wire to give it a finished look. I add tiny sterling silver beads to the frame during wrapping to give it more dimension."



Philosophy--- Earrings with Silver, Rhodochrosite, and Faceted Labradorite Roundels (shown at left)

Please visit Katrin at these locations:

http://katrinlermanjewelry.etsy.com/ http://katrinlermanjewelry.blogspot.com/

and at this new Etsy shop she and her sister share:

http://kaleidoscopestyle.etsy.com/

1 comment:

Katrin said...

Very nice feature! Thanks.

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.