Monday, April 7, 2008

On The Spot



Producing a painting a day does tend to create some perplexing moments for me. There are paintings of size and complexity that cannot be finished in a day. So then I start another, smaller painting. There are other paintings which do not turn out well, so I either push ahead and continue working, or I put them aside for another day. (Sometimes that day doesn't come for months. It has to talk to me.) Of course, there are days that I shouldn't even begin to pick up a paintbrush! In any event it challenges me and has a tendency to make me want to produce more, and that is a good thing.

On the Spot is the painting of the day. I was going to call it Left Behind, but I discovered I had already titled one by that name. This painting is on a 5 x 7 x 1-inch little canvas. The sides are painted, and it does not need a frame. I will take some additional photos to show 0ther views tomorrow, but I have sent this painting up to Flourish Boutique, a new shop opening June 1 in South Bend, IN. Look for it there.

Today I made some changes to another painting I've had on the blog for quite sometime, Babette from the Fashion Divas Series, and I will put them, before and after, side by side. I had had a critique on that one, and the consensus was to stop. It was done. I was never pleased, and my husband had made one of THOSE remarks, so after a couple of months had passed, I decided to change it. I think I like the new version better. (I did have to use a flash on the photo, because it was after dark, so the photo quality is not quite as good this time though.


What do you think? Before, or after?

No comments:

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.