Monday, April 14, 2008

Painting A Day, Kitty Daze


Kitty Daze is an acrylic collage which measures 16" X 7" on Arches Cold Press Watercolor Paper. It features Art Deco colors, pretty oranges and soft greens and is highlighted by burnt umber. The shapes come from one of my favorite stamps, and a cut-out sandpaper kitty which is collaged onto the paper. The shadowing and outlining combine to add depth to the shapes.


Over the weekend my husband and I headed north to Tarpon Springs to the art festival there along the banks of a lake. It's always been one of my favorite shows, considering the lovely surroundings and fine artists who show there. This Sunday the weather was cool and rainy, and we enjoyed the show, but hurried through. Then we stopped in at another favorite of ours, Santorini's along the Anclote River for a late lunch.
Kitty Daze if available for purchase in my Etsy Shop, DreamON

No comments:

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.