Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Painting A Day = Feline X 3


New Math rule is Painting A Day = Feline X 3. Oh, I forgot to mention this is Feline Math. You have to have gone to Feline School to understand.
Having not gone to Feline School, you simply need to enjoy CATS. Ever since I touched my first baby kitten, I have been a cat person. I just love kitties.

I've been painting all day at Studio 1212 working on a couple of new paintings and enjoying the company of other painters. Our opening reception for the Designing Women show on Sunday was well-attended and a great success. Thanks to everyone who attended, and a special thank you to everyone who bought from me.

Everyone loved the Shooz assemblage that we all created on 5 x 7 canvases. My Red High Heels painting is just one of the bunch that have been bolted into a wonderful piece of art which we are raffling off on June 1st at our next show and reception. Every one of us would love to win this, but hopefully we'll be selling lots of raffle tickets, and the lucky winner will be thrilled to add this piece to their collection. (I blogged about this once before a few days ago, and showed the poster with the Shooz).

This painting has been created with many layers of acrylic paints. There are textures below the surface to explore. The photo doesn't do it justice, because once again it was too dark to shoot without the camera's flash going off. The title of this 10 x 14-inch painting is Feline X 3. (THIS PAINTING HAS BEEN SOLD IN MY ETSY SHOP.)

1 comment:

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

I love your work and really enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks for stopping by ours :)

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.