Monday, January 14, 2008

Announcing Program For Donations to Fisher House Foundation

I have made the decision, after doing the feature yesterday on Etsy shop, thatsHeadley; that I would also like to support the Fisher House™ Foundation by electing to give a percentage of my sales from my paintings with a patriotic theme from my Etsy shop at DreamON. I have two members of my immediate family who have served in the military, my husband and my daughter. I am thankful they made the commitment to freedom for the rest of us who are privileged to live in the United States, and I am also thankful that they made it back safe and sound.

However the commitment our country has made to maintaining our freedom comes at a huge cost, and many of our military families haven't been so blessed. So I am pleased to make this offering in the hopes that some will be able to be together with their loved ones when they are so desperately needed.

By donating to the Fisher House™ Foundation we help the program recognize the special sacrifices of our men and women in uniform and the hardships of military service by meeting a humanitarian need beyond that normally provided by the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs. Because members of the military and their families are stationed worldwide and must often travel great distances for specialized medical care, Fisher House™ Foundation donates "comfort homes," built on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers. These homes enable family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful times - during the hospitalization for an unexpected illness, disease, or injury.

There is at least one Fisher House™ at every major military medical center to assist families in need and to ensure that they are provided with the comforts of home in a supportive environment. Annually, the Fisher House™ program serves more than 10,000 families, and have made available nearly 2.5 million days of lodging to family members since the program originated in 1990. By law, there is no charge for any family to stay at a Fisher House operated by the Department of Veterans Affairs; and Fisher House Foundation uses donations to reimburse the individual Fisher Houses operated by the Army, Navy, and Air Force. No family pays to stay at any Fisher House!

On behalf of DreamON and DreamsAboutArt I am pleased to make this announcement, but wish to acknowledge that the decision to offer a percentage of sales on certain items is a personal one, and that the Fisher House™ Foundation does not endorse any of my services or products. I am not a spokesman of any kind for the Fisher House™ Foundation . If you would like more information, please contact Jim Weiskopf at 888 294 8560 or go to http://www.fisherhouse.org/

No comments:

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.