Sunday, January 13, 2008

that's Headley!


One of the most important concerns when you are buying online is in regards to quality. So when the shop owner addresses this concern it gives you peace regarding the purchase. Ginny Headley Maserang, owner of Etsy Shop, thats Headley, states, "I am absolutely committed to crafting jewelry pieces of the highest quality and beauty that will bring you great pleasure when you wear them."

I have recently discovered there are some quite interesting stories behind the choice of Etsy shop names, and this is definitely the case for thats Headley. Ginny gives us the background.
"It's a bit of silliness left over from high school. You see, the movie "Blazing Saddles" came out during that time, and the character played by Harvey Korman was named "Hedley Lamar". A running gag in the movie was that people kept calling him "Heddy" Lamar - which ticked him off (Heddy Lamar being a woman) and caused him to state emphatically "That's 'Hedley'!". My friends in high school thought this quite funny, and their greeting for me quickly became "that's Headley!" When I was thinking about a name for my shop, I thought it would be great if some day my work was so recognizable that someone might exclaim when they saw a piece of my work "that's Headley!" It seemed very fitting for branding, and it has the added beneift of reminding me of all my great friends from my youth. "

These pretty green pearl and wrapped sterling silver wire earrings are not just pretty on the outside, but they have the added benefit of benefitting the Fisher House™ Foundation. A portion of the sale of each item in thats Headley's "Hope for Whirled Peas" collection goes to benefit this very worthwhile organization. They are providing support to our military men and women by building "comfort homes" on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers. These homes enable family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful times - during the hospitalization for an unexpected illness, disease, or injury. No family pays to stay at any Fisher House!



Thats Headley is a member of the following Etsy Street Teams:
Self Representing Artist Jewelry Designer (SRAJD) #231
Member Art Jewelry Collective
Member Etsy Texas Crafters (ETC)


Be sure to visit Ginny's shop and blog at:
http://thatsheadley.etsy.com/
http://thatsheadley.blogspot.com/

My Workspace

My Workspace
On The Pier At St. Simons Island

New Art, New Techniques, Hints, Thoughts, Photos and More

Stay tuned! For purchase information about any of the artwork, check out my Etsy store -- DreamON or send me email (conversation) by pressing the contact button at http://DreamON.Etsy.com.